This multicultural take on the fish taco highlights the bright flavors of Mexico and Argentina. Recipe is for one taco and the Pico de Mango salsa is enough for 15. Courtesy Chef Obed Torres of Cueva Bar.
- 3 oz halibut fillet
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 corn tortilla
- 1 medium pinch of fresh arugula
- 1 avocado slice
- 2 tbsp pico de mango
For the Pico de Mango
- 3 medium mangos, diced
- 2 cups diced roasted piquillo peppers (may substitute roasted red bell peppers or pimentos)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- Juice of two medium-large limes
How to Prepare:
- Mix all ingredients for Pico de Mango and set aside.
- Heat and prepare your grill.
- Mix spices together and toss fish in mixture.
- Place fish on hot grill and cook for 1 1/2 minute on each side on medium heat.
- Place arugula on tortilla then place cooked fish on top of arugula
- Add avocado slice and pico de mango.
- Ready to serve!