A delicious salad featuring our Baja Rock Crab Meat! Recipe courtesy Chef Jenn Felmley. Find her at ChefJennCooks.com
- 7 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 2 ½ tbsp Meyer lemon juice
- 2+ more for garnish good quality olive oil
- 4 ½ tbsp grape seed oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Baja rock crab meat
- 1 ½ Hass avocados, diced (1/2 inch)
- 1 large Heirloom tomato, cut into four ½ inch thick slices
- 1/3 cup micro greens
How to Prepare:
- Stir together white balsamic vinegar, shallots, both zests and lemon juice.
- Slowly whisk in olive oil and grape seed oil, season with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, toss the crab meat with 5 to 7 tablespoons of the dressing and season with salt and pepper.
- Place diced avocado in a strainer and run under cold water.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss the avocado with 2 tablespoons of the dressing; season with salt and pepper.
- Place a tomato slice on each plate and season with salt and pepper and 1 teaspoon of dressing.
- Top with the avocado and the crab and garnish with the micro mixed herbs. Drizzle the plate with additional oil and remaining dressing.
Variation: Can be made served in a martini glass, replace large slices of heirloom tomatoes with chopped heirloom cherry tomatoes.