Simply seasoned and quick to cook, this recipe is one you can use time and again on many different fish. For this we used opah fillet. Typically cut from the tender top loin of the opah, it offers a lean yet moist texture and distinct yet mild, sweet flavor. Some people describe its culinary qualities as between tuna and swordfish.
- 1 lb opah fillet, skin off
- Sprinkilng of your favorite seasoning (i.e. salt & pepper, lemon pepper, Tony Chachere’s)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive, avocado or coconut oil
How to Prepare:
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high.
- Add opah to pan, cook 3 minutes each side, or until the edge turns golden brown.
- Serve with roasted vegetables, rice, or your favorite side salad.