This delicious pasta dish comes together very quickly so prep your ingredients ahead. Serves 4-6.
- 8.8oz box of Rustichella Egg Tagliolini with Saffron*
- 1 pound med-large shrimp, peeled and deveined, tail on
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 small green zucchini, julienne outer edge of bright green peeling only
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash of hot pepper flakes (optional)
*Available in our San Diego fish market, but any good Italian market should carry saffron Tagliolini or a similar shaped pasta.
How to Prepare:
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a rapid boil and add salt sparingly to the water.
- Preheat the olive oil over medium heat in large skillet and add shrimp.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on one side until shrimp starts turning pink.
- Add pasta to the water and set timer for two minutes. This pasta cooks very quickly.
- Flip shrimp over and add garlic and pepper flakes if you prefer. Saute 2 more minutes and then add wine and turn temperature down to med/low.
- Add zucchini to your pot of water and boil one minute more.
- To your shrimp pan, add 1/4 cup of pasta water, 1 tbsp lemon juice, pasta, zucchini and butter and toss to combine. Season to taste and serve, sprinkled with lemon zest.